Monday, October 1, 2012

Asking for More

I'd like to ask God for several specific things for healing my beloved: most of all his speech, control over his legs and arms and to heal his left eye.  I was encouraged in the middle of the night by remembering the story of Achsah in Judges 1.  When her father asked her what she wanted as a dowry, she replied that not only did she want the "south land", but she also wanted springs of water.  So Caleb gave her the "upper springs and the nether springs.  To me, springs of water speak of life, and since the Lord gave my beloved the "breath of life", I'm asking that he fill that life with satisfaction and the ability to glorify God with his mouth and body.


...ye have not, because ye ask not...For that ye ought to say, 
If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.  James 4:1,15

No comments:

Post a Comment